Welcome to my site!

I am currently taking a children's literature class that has exposed me to a lot of amazing books. Here is what I think about a few but please let me know what you think! If you have any suggestions for books that I should have in my classroom let me know!

Monday, March 29, 2010

Officer Buckle and Gloria by: Peggy Rathmann (Caldecott)

Officer Buckle and Gloria is one of my favorite children's books because of its cute story line and bright pictures. Officer buckle is hard not to love because he does care so much about people and their safety. Gloria and how she brings a lot of humor to the story and helps Officer Buckle bring light to a dry topic. One of my favorite parts in the book is when Officer buckle receives a fan letter from a little girl named Claire saying that Officer Buckle and Gloria make a good team and that she wears a crash helmet. Overall, the climatic scene in the story really stands out to children reading the book and concludes with the best safety tip... "Always stick with your buddy!" This moral in the story is very important and hopefully this book can teach children that.

No comments:

Post a Comment