Welcome to my site!

I am currently taking a children's literature class that has exposed me to a lot of amazing books. Here is what I think about a few but please let me know what you think! If you have any suggestions for books that I should have in my classroom let me know!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Frindle by: Andrew Clements

This past month, I had the opportunity to meet Andrew Clements and was very excited to read his book Frindle for a second time. I absolutely love this book and think it is great for kids read to hopefully inspire them. I think this book would be really great to read together as a class and then after have students create their own words. While I was reading this book, I felt all of the creative juices flowing in my own brain and would hope children would feel the same way. Nick is such a great and strong character in the book. I do not want to give away the ending but I really liked how Mrs. Granger and Nick's relationship developed. This book is very creative and I plan on using this book in my own classroom someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment