Welcome to my site!

I am currently taking a children's literature class that has exposed me to a lot of amazing books. Here is what I think about a few but please let me know what you think! If you have any suggestions for books that I should have in my classroom let me know!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Leon's Story by: Leon Walter Tillage

Leon's Story is a great and powerful book about a young African-American boy who struggles with one of the hardest times in American History. The civil rights movement controlled how African-Americans lived at this time and made life miserable. Leon and his family convey a strong composure and their family bonds fight for what is right. I very much enjoyed this book and loved how it was written in the point of view of a young boy and it feels like he really is talking and telling you this story. This book is very good to share in classroom because it gives good historical background about this time period and the struggles that African-Americans had to face. The characters in this book are very strong individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment