Welcome to my site!

I am currently taking a children's literature class that has exposed me to a lot of amazing books. Here is what I think about a few but please let me know what you think! If you have any suggestions for books that I should have in my classroom let me know!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Remember by: Toni Morrison

I think this book is very interesting and the first line of the book really draws readers in. It states, "This book is about you." It is a very powerful way of showing that readers need to remember what happened in the past and why segregation was a horrible thing that happened to our country. I really like that this book had minimal text and the story was told mostly through the pictures. The photos were all very real. Because the text is in first person, the reader really feels like they are the person going through the story line. I think this book would be good to use for an older elementary audience but the words do explain everything very simply.

No comments:

Post a Comment