Welcome to my site!

I am currently taking a children's literature class that has exposed me to a lot of amazing books. Here is what I think about a few but please let me know what you think! If you have any suggestions for books that I should have in my classroom let me know!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Red, White, and True Blue Mallory by: Laurie Friedman

This is the first Mallory book that I have read in the series and I absolutely love it! I love the way Laurie Friedman has developed the story line around real situations that are very likely to occur to any third grade girl. When I read this book, I personally kept thinking about my grade school trip to Washington, D.C. and how it was very similar to the book. I really like how Friedman sets the story up like a journal with many pictures to add detail. Readers can really feel like they are the journal that Mallory is constantly writing in. This book is great because not only does it have a typical grade school story line, but it also has many facts and information about all the places Mallory visits while in Washington, D.C. I have to say that I read many new things while reading! Overall, the book is great and appealing to all readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment