Welcome to my site!

I am currently taking a children's literature class that has exposed me to a lot of amazing books. Here is what I think about a few but please let me know what you think! If you have any suggestions for books that I should have in my classroom let me know!

Monday, April 12, 2010

In Buisness with Mallory by: Laurie Friedman

Another great Mallory series book, In Business with Mallory, explains the hardships of choosing between what is right and what is wrong. Like many other kids, wanting something so bad can be a very big issue. Mallory and her best Mary Ann want nothing more than the Perfect Purse that has 12 changeable covers and a butterfly pin. But as expected, mom says no.... Mallory has a mission and that is to buy that purse. Mallory discovers many ways she can raise money but when she gets to the store, there is a big problem. Mallory only has enough money for the purse, but she promised her mom that she would get her brother Max a birthday present. Readers need to see and find out if Mallory chooses the purse or a present for Max. This book is excellent because similarly when you are young there is always that one thing that you just have to have, and you will find anyway to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment