Welcome to my site!

I am currently taking a children's literature class that has exposed me to a lot of amazing books. Here is what I think about a few but please let me know what you think! If you have any suggestions for books that I should have in my classroom let me know!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Mallory! by: Laurie Friedman

Happy Birthday Mallory is the 2nd book that I have read in the series. Now after reading two, I appreciate that you do not need to read the books in order because they are easy to catch onto and understand all of the characters. I believe this book is great because I can see a lot of young girls relating to the birthday problems that Mallory went through. This year, Mallory is turning 9 and in her mind, that means that she should celebrate the entire month. Mallory comes up with a list of things she thinks needs to be done that month in honor of her birthday. Readers will love the problems that she faces. I could not put this book down and my favorite part is when Mallory tries to "fix" her hair for a new 9-year-old hair style. As you can probably imagine, all of Mallory's big plans, along with a new hairstyle, does not exactly turn out... This book is very humorous and full of surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment