Welcome to my site!

I am currently taking a children's literature class that has exposed me to a lot of amazing books. Here is what I think about a few but please let me know what you think! If you have any suggestions for books that I should have in my classroom let me know!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Shiloh by: Phyllis Reynolds Naylor

Shiloh is a true classic that is great for children to read. I love the story line of how main character, 11-year-old Marty, finds a dog and names it Shiloh. He falls in love with it but his parents make him do the right thing and return Shiloh to his owner. Marty discovers that the owner does not treat the dog well at all and he then has to decide what to do. Is it right for him to leave it there or take Shiloh back to a safe home? I very much enjoyed the book because it explains real ethical questions and Marty has to decide what the right thing is to do. The book really teaches a positive lesson that and readers will love the ending. Everyone will fall in love with the little beagle and will feel like Marty is a true hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment