Welcome to my site!

I am currently taking a children's literature class that has exposed me to a lot of amazing books. Here is what I think about a few but please let me know what you think! If you have any suggestions for books that I should have in my classroom let me know!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Fever 1793 by: Laurie Halse Anderson

Fever is a great historical fiction book that I really enjoyed reading. This book would be excellent to tie into a lesson because the references about yellow fever are very good. Because this epidemic in Philadelphia was so powerful, it would be great for students to read about what a person during this era would face. In the book, 16-year-old Mattie Cook faces this yellow fever epidemic first hand. Mattie learns that she has to grow up quickly to deal with what is going on in her life. This book is excellent for older elementary and junior high students and can be very beneficial to learning about this time in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment