Welcome to my site!

I am currently taking a children's literature class that has exposed me to a lot of amazing books. Here is what I think about a few but please let me know what you think! If you have any suggestions for books that I should have in my classroom let me know!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Among the Hidden by: Margaret Peterson Haddix

Among the Hidden is a breath-taking book attended for older elementary to middle school students that will capture you from the start. I was not able to put this book down because the story line is very interesting. This book is about a society that only allows 2 children in each family. Due to population regulations, if there is a third child born there will be immense punishment. Because of this, twelve year-old Luke has been in hiding his entire life. Luke's life is very limited and starts to become very lonely. Read out what happens to Luke and the struggles he goes through. I personally really enjoyed this book because it was very suspenseful and the story line is very scary to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment