Welcome to my site!

I am currently taking a children's literature class that has exposed me to a lot of amazing books. Here is what I think about a few but please let me know what you think! If you have any suggestions for books that I should have in my classroom let me know!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mercy Watson to the Rescue by: Kate DiCamillo

Mercy Watson to the Rescue is intended for younger elementary students and is great to help explore their imaginations. Mercy the pig lives with the Watson family and what is really neat is that children can easily relate to her. For example, Mercy is afraid of the dark and often needs to go sleep with her human parents. One night when Mercy crawled into bed with her parents, something happens that Mercy will never forget. Readers will fall in love with this pig and will enjoy the fantasy that the book provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment