Welcome to my site!

I am currently taking a children's literature class that has exposed me to a lot of amazing books. Here is what I think about a few but please let me know what you think! If you have any suggestions for books that I should have in my classroom let me know!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Hello, Goodbye Window by: Norton Juster

The Hello, Goodbye Window is an excellent book for young readers because it really opens their eyes for bi-racial relationships and imagination. This book is easily relateable for all young children because it describes hanging out at grandma and grandpa's house and enjoying many activities that the little girl does with her grandparents. In the book, the hello goodbye window is a special magical window that the little girl often looks out of to imagines different visitors. I really enjoy this book and think it is great for kids to spark some imagination and to show how important family really is. Also, the best part is the illustrations. I like them because the book is told by the little girl and it also looks like she drew them.

No comments:

Post a Comment